Small Business Owners can often be confused about Branding – what it is and why we need it.
Branding is important for your Business Social Media.
- Branding is not just your visual identity – it’s more than your logo, fonts and the colours you’ve picked. So much thought goes into building a brand on Social Media. If you are setting up your social media channels and unsure about your own branding, I would encourage you to read up on colour psychology and how colours can spark emotions in your customers and see how these can be aligned with your business values. (Eg. You may be a health brand – and what to spark Trust and reliability, what colours would help create this for you?)
- “Your Brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room” – Jeff Bezo – Amazon. For me, this is the perfect quote to describe what a Brand is especially in the small business world.
- Branding is ultimately a Strategy – it is how you and your business are perceived. What does your Business mean to others, what feelings do you want to create in your customers. How do you want them to perceive you? Are you loyal? trustworthy? Are you happy-go-lucky? Are you traditional and conservative?
- It’s your YOU, your WHAT, and your WHY. If you run a small business or are you self-employed then you need to remember that your brand is very much you. It is what you do, what service do you provide? And it’s also your why. Why did you set up a business in the first place? What is your purpose? Who are you serving and helping? Your Brand is part of your story, this all goes into building your brand identity.
- Have your customers & clients at the forefront when you create your brand, set up social media, and develop content. Stand out and create consistent familiarity. Be recognisable. It builds up trust and allows your audience to get to know you better.
- Why do you need to build a brand on Social Media? It will increase your Business Value! Think about it like this. How much does a Take-Away Coffee cost? About £1.20p (or thereabouts) How much does a Takeaway coffee cost from big brands like Starbucks, Costa, or Caffe Nero? A LOT MORE. The same goes for high street stores compared to Designer stores. It all depends on the brand identity, and people will pay more for something that is familiar, they know it, they like it, they trust it. They value it!